Every year, Take Back the Night could not happen without the support and work of our volunteers, attendees, committee members, and sponsors. We’ve listed TBTN 2022’s sponsors and planning committee members below — a big thank you to everyone involved in making sure Take Back the Night continues in York Region!
Our event is planned by the Take Back the Night Planning Committee, made up of representatives of community organizations and volunteers. This year, the organizations and individuals sitting on our planning committee are:
- Allison Hermann — Women’s Centre of York Region
- Areej Khalid — Yellow Brick House
- Camille MacPherson — Belinda’s Place
- Claudia — Women’s Support Network of York Region
- Elene Lam — Butterfly: Asian and Migrant Sex Worker Support Network
- Irene Nightingale — Community Volunteer & Advocate
- Jasmine — Victim Services of York Region
- Jessica Galbraith — Shelter Movers
- Joe Styles — York Regional Police
- Kaylee Strezov — Abuse Hurts (CCAA)
- Louise Gardiner-Vahey — Sandgate Women’s Shelter
- Maddi Mathon — Community Volunteer & Advocate
- Marie Morton — CAYR Community Connections
- Mina Do — Butterfly: Asian and Migrant Sex Worker Support Network
- Nickey Kuzmanova — Community Legal Clinic of York Region
- Rosy Charles — Women’s Support Network of York Region
- Sara Sepehri — Sandgate Women’s Shelter
- Selena Mann — Advocate
- Shannon Seeraj — Women’s Support Network of York Region
- York Region Center For Community Safety
As a committee of non-profits and volunteers, we depend on our sponsors for promotion, supplies, space rentals, refreshments, and more! No donation is too small and they all go towards the operational costs of this protest.
To learn more about or to support our sponsors, you can click on their logos to visit their websites!
If you would like to help support our event, take a look at how you can donate to our event!
Markham Public Library
The Styles Family